Monday, August 26, 2013

Oh, hello...!

At Exploring Cricut this week, we have a very fun challenge! It's called Cricut Choice. All you have to do is use at least two cuts from any cartridges of your choice, and here is what I created-




I just got the new Close To My Heart Artbooking cartridge and started playing with it. I cut all the elements with real dial size. Whenever you use an element that is part of a larger image, use real dial size to make it the size you want, not scaled to the larger image (I hope that's clear!).  So, this is a list of the elements-

  1. Chevron background, Orange Sherbert Bazzill, page 44, cut @ 4". Adhere to blue paper, then adhere to card.
  2. Cut a 2 1/4" circle of white felt out, insert stick pins (I colored white pearl pins with an orange sharpie),  adhere to card.
  3. Cut Hello, page59, @ 1 1/2" with Bright Orange Bazzill, adhere with pop dots to card.
  4. Cut 3 flowers at 3", 2", and 1" out of Medium Orange Bazzill, page 60. I used a quilling pen to roll the flowers, then glue to flower base, let dry. Adhere flowers to card.
ETA: I'm submitting this to Moxie Fab Challenge. The colors are similar, and the zig zag lines are a different interpretation of the inspiration photo-


6 comments:

  1. i love this card! I love the background you created and now I have got to have this cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love your card Michelle!! I love the chevron bg paper and the bright orange 'hello'! And those flowers are great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those flowers and the hat pins are a wonderful touch. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a very clever interpretation of the TT, Michelle! Wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete