Friday, December 1, 2017

Die Cut Diva's Winter Challenge


It's December at Die Cut Diva's, our challenge theme is "Winter", & our wonderful sponsor is-



And here is my project:


I was watching this tutorial by Jennifer McGuire and decided to try it, since I already had alcohol inks and Yupo. I had such fun I ran out of Yupo! Here are the materials I used for these cards-
  1. Dies: Joy and Seasons Greetings (Impression Obsession), ornament dies (Delicate Ornaments Thinlits-Stampin' Up, but these would work just as well), circles-backing ornaments (MFT stitched circles).
  2. Paper: gold, silver shimmer paper (Michaels), light teal cs, blue green cs, gold matte paper (stash).
  3. Ink: Turqoise, Patina, Mermaid, Pool, Stream, Gold, Silver (Ranger Alcohol Ink).
  4. Other: gold, silver glitter spray f(Krylon).
I ended up using too much alcohol, and color was rubbing off on me. I used the glitter spray lightly to seal the finished panels. I thought it added some more sparkle, which is always good on Christmas cards!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Michelle! I watched the video, too, but still haven't tried it. You've inspired me to pull out my Yupo & see what I can do. Thanks so much for picking my card as your favorite for November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning alcohol ink backgrounds, GORGEOUS cards!

    ReplyDelete